Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad keeps asking me to sign into iCloud. The problem is, I can't connect to the internet to do this because it keeps popping up. It's a 'catch 22'.

A pop up on my iPad keeps asking for my iCloud password, however, when I give it, it doesn't matter because I am not connected to the internet. I CAN'T connect to the internet because of the popup. How can I get rid of the pop up so I can connect?

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 7:38 AM

7 replies

Aug 10, 2014 9:49 AM in response to Lvang

Have you tried closing all apps and the reset the iPad again? I don't know if this will work, but its worth a try. I realize that if the pop up will not allow you to access the multitasking display, that this will be impossible to do, but I'm not clear as to whether you can do that or not.

In order to close apps in iOS 7, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Aug 10, 2014 11:34 AM in response to Lvang

You have bought the book but have you previously downloaded it to your iPad? If you go to your books collection and there is a little cloud icon on the cover of the book with a down arrow that means it's not stored on your device and you would need an internet connection to read/download it. If that's not the problem and Demo's suggestions don't work how about trying this desperate move: Settings > Airplane Mode (turn on) And try again. Do you have other downloaded books in your collection? If so do they act the same way or do they open ok? If they open then there is something corrupt about that particular book in which case I would delete it and re download it when you have access to the internet.

Jul 19, 2015 5:51 AM in response to Lvang

I had the same problem with my iPad. Here is what I had to do.

1. Turn on Personal HotSpot on my iPhone(Wifi and USB)

2. Turn on Bluetooth on my iPad between iCloud popups

3. Connect to the Hotspot on the iPhone from the iPad

4. Settings -> iCloud -> Signoff

The problem is you cannot signout of iCloud unless you are connected to the internet and you cannot connect to regular Wifi Connection because it keeps getting reset by the constant iCloud login prompts. However connecting via Bluetooth occurs faster than regular WiFI allow you to connect in between iCloud prompts.

Ipad keeps asking me to sign into iCloud. The problem is, I can't connect to the internet to do this because it keeps popping up. It's a 'catch 22'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.