Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

correct mail settings for iCloud with Mail

I find this: to talke about setting up iCloud Manualy.

iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients

And then this for 10.6.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5330

But shouldn't either work for 10.6?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 15" 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 4GB AG

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 7:34 AM

Yes, they should work. For the outgoing SMTP, you might try using Apple Token instead of your password.

You can share Mail, Calendars, and Contacts running Snow Leopard. Based on my experience, I don't recommend syncing Contacts - created a lot of problems with duplicates.

Snow Leopard iCloud - Address and iCal

Snow Leopard iCloud – iCal

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2014 7:34 AM in response to powerbook1701

Yes, they should work. For the outgoing SMTP, you might try using Apple Token instead of your password.

You can share Mail, Calendars, and Contacts running Snow Leopard. Based on my experience, I don't recommend syncing Contacts - created a lot of problems with duplicates.

Snow Leopard iCloud - Address and iCal

Snow Leopard iCloud – iCal

Aug 10, 2014 10:12 AM in response to Eric Root

Ha. Once again: my thanks.

1. Are you saying BOTH sets should work?
  2. Apple Token?

I have noticed one issue that I can't figure out. If I make an address book archive (format abbu) and try to email myself, apple's servers will not accept the message. It's the only format that I seem to have issues with (even if it is zipped). That is what prompted me to try asking this question. Currently in 10.6, I'm using the non SL settings in the links above rather than the one specifically for SL

correct mail settings for iCloud with Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.