Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to get in keys and have run into a loop with request for a 4 digit code while the phone keeps sending a 6 digit code. help

trying to get in keys and have run into a loop with request for a 4 digit code while the phone keeps sending a 6 digit code. help

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5), new mac - still setting up & lernin

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 7:57 AM

2 replies

Aug 12, 2014 6:46 AM in response to mloug21978

Hi mloug21978,

I have an article that I believe will help you troubleshoot this issue with your iCloud Keychain:

Get help using iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

I've forgotten my iCloud Security Code.

If you forgot your iCloud Security Code, you can reset it if you can access one of your devices that has iCloud Keychain enabled.

iOS 7.0.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain.
  2. Tap Change Security Code.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password when asked.
  4. Enter a new iCloud Security Code.

OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:

1. Choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details.
  2. Click Change Security Code to set a new iCloud Security Code.

If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you should wait until you can access one, then follow the above steps to change your security code. If you can't wait until you can access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can complete setup by resetting iCloud Keychain on the device:iOS 7.0.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Keychain.
  2. Tap Approve with Security Code.
  3. When asked to enter your iCloud Security Code, tap Forgot Code?
  4. Tap Reset iCloud Keychain to replace your iCloud Keychain in the cloud with the iCloud Keychain items on your device.
  5. Tap Reset to confirm. You'll be asked to create a new iCloud Security Code.

OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:

1. Choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Keychain.
  2. When asked to enter your iCloud Security Code, click Forgot Code?
  3. Click Reset Keychain to replace your iCloud Keychain in the cloud with the iCloud Keychain items on your Mac.
  4. Click Reset to confirm. You'll be asked to create a new iCloud Security Code.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.