Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date adjustment BUG ? (3.5.1)

I scanned thousands of photo's from my old picture albums.

Photo's might be scanned individially, and sometimes per 2 or 3; jut as much as were glued on the album page.

I grouped them into projects.

Most of the photo's are TIFF, some are JPEG (elder scans are jpeg or when the dimensions were big [like brochures] I photographed them with my iPhone -hence jpeg).

Now I adjusted the metadata "Date and Time".

I selected all photo's in a particular project, selected "Adjust Date and Time", put in a date (like 01-10-1988 that is Oct 1st, 1988 - Dutch) , checkend "adjust original file" and pressed "enter".

Now, many images are having a different date as I entered.

The first series of TIFF have correct dates 01-10-1988. The JPEG are assigned to 28-08-1988.

Then, in the sequence, there is one TIFF that shows 04-11-1988 (???); after that the sequence of JPEG's show 01-10-1988.

Then, a TIFF shows 01-10-1988 again, and the following JPEG's show 28-08-1988 again.

I checkend when I change metadata individually it seems to work correctly.

Then I checked a redo of batch change 'assign date' and it failed again as described above.

I cannot make any cheese out of it. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance, Sytze

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Windows XP SP3

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 9:23 AM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2014 9:56 AM in response to sytze-

"Adjust Date and Time" is a command, that will add constant offset to the original date and time. It is to be used, if your Canera Date&Time are set incorrectly. If you select a set of photos all original dates will be incremented by the same offset.

What you probably want to use for scans is "Photos > Batch Change" the group of selected images. Then use "Set Date to ....":

This will set all photos to the same time. You can add a small increment, e.g.., a second, so successive photos can be sorted by time, but will have very similar dates and time. For example:

User uploaded file

Aug 10, 2014 1:57 PM in response to léonie

Hello Leonie,

Thank you for your uick response.

Really, I cannot find your popup. The only popup I can find is as described under help "Batch Change" (shift command B)

In my version there is no 'Batch Change" under "Photo's"; only under "Metadata".

User uploaded file

Could you tell me how you arrivé at your screen? It would help me enormously ....

Thanks in advance !

Aug 11, 2014 6:39 AM in response to sytze-

Sorry, I spent too much time in the iPhoto forum and got confused. My screenshot is from iPhoto.

What is your Aperture version? If you have a matching iPhoto version, you can open your Aperture library in iPhoto (from Aperture's file menu: File > Open library in iPhoto) and use the Batch change command in iPhoto as described above. To switch back to Aperture use iPhoto's "File < Open library in Aperture".

See: Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

If you do not want to switch to iPhoto, but work directly from Aperture, you could use an AppleScript. I wrote a little AppleScript wrapped as Automator workflow for this - have a look at this page and download it, if you want to try it on a small test library:

http://dreschler-fischer.de/FAQ/Scripts_Services/Entries/2012/1/15_Adjust_Date_a nd_Time_in_fixed_increments.html

But the iPhoto method is easier, since this is built directly into iPhoto.

Date adjustment BUG ? (3.5.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.