Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Early 2011) + Windows 8.1 x64 - No Audio

Hey all,

I have a MacBook Pro (Early 2011 - i5 2.3 GHz, 16GB RAM), and I've got Windows 8.1 x64 up and running. Everything seems to be working just fine so far, with the exception of audio. I have absolutely no audio. I installed the latest Bootcamp driver package / installer, but that did not fix the audio issue. The little speaker icon in the system tray shows a little red circle / x over it. When I mouse over it, it says "No Audio Output device is installed." In Device Manager, under System Devices, there is a device named High Definition Audio Controller that has a Yellow exclamation point sign over it. If I go to the device's properties, on the General tab it shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've tried all of the available Cirrus Audio packages that some have pointed to (CS4206, CS4207, CS4208), and none of them have worked. If I have it manually scan the download folders where those drivers are it comes back saying that it didn't find any compatible drivers. If I browse to the location of the driver and manually pick it, it says that the driver is not compatible. I have also updated the Intel HD Graphics driver to the latest version, as some said that would fix it - but it did not. Nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

MacBook Pro, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 1:27 PM

3 replies

MacBook Pro (Early 2011) + Windows 8.1 x64 - No Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.