Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iphone stuck on previous address

My parents lived at my house for 3 years. Now moved to a nursing home 5km away. FMF and find my iPhone frequently show that their iPads are at my place when they are at the nursing home. Both iPads are both cellular and wifi, and are connected to the nursing home's wifi.

How can I correct this?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 6:40 PM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2014 11:26 AM in response to jilaru

Hi there jilaru,

You may find the information in the article below helpful.

iOS 7: Understanding Location Services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594

Improve GPS accuracy2,4

GPS accuracy varies depending on the number of visible GPS satellites. Locating all visible satellites can take several minutes, with accuracy gradually increasing over time. Use these tips to improve GPS accuracy:

• Ensure the date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
    Important: Incorrect settings on your computer can sync to your device. Verify the date, time, and time zone on any computer that syncs with your device.
  • Restart your device.
  • Verify that you have a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection. This allows the Assisted GPS (A-GPS) on the device to locate visible GPS satellites faster, in addition to providing initial location information using the Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
    Note: Microcells (sometimes called Femtocells) aren't supported with Location Services.
  • Maintain a clear view of the horizon in several directions. Keep in mind that walls, vehicle roofs, tall buildings, mountains, and other obstructions can block line of sight to GPS satellites. When this occurs, your device will automatically use Wi-Fi or cellular networks to determine your position until the GPS satellites are visible again.

-Griff W.

Aug 13, 2014 2:22 PM in response to griff w

Thanks for your response Griff but over the three months since they moved I've researched & read those directions and carried out the instructions many times. Nothing has helped! as fas as i can see, their ipads conform to all the instructions. location still shows them at previous address. Not all the time, maybe about 50/50 at old address and new address. Frustrating for family members who need to know where they are. Having said that, when they do travel their locations are shown pretty accurately while traveling.

any fresh suggestions gratefully received!

Find my iphone stuck on previous address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.