Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I transfer home movies from a Sony Handicam to my MAC

I have many super 8 movies I would like to transfer to my iMAC desktop. I still have a working Sony Handicam but it is old enough that it has no firewire port, it has only the cabling ports for connection to a TV. Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 7:01 PM

2 replies

Aug 10, 2014 10:17 PM in response to buggsmmm

buggsmmm wrote:

... super 8 movies I would like to transfer to my iMAC ... Sony Handicam but it is old enough that it has no firewire port, it has only the cabling ports for connection to a TV.

'super8' is for me an old 'film' format ... but, anyhow ... 🙂

Hi8 and video8 were both analogue formats - so, to import into a computer it has to be digitized.

There're very rare digitizers left, which work in the Apple ecosphere ...

Afaik, there's one EyeTV-stick model, meant for TVrecording, with an analogue-IN

I'm owning myself… no, my son owns an Haupage HDPVR 'box', meant for gameplay-recording, which could be abused for the same purpose.

... most 9.99-usb devices which can be found at eBay et al don't work under MacOS ....

last option, for the lazy ones: YellowPages ... lots of companies offering transfer-services .. 😉

how can I transfer home movies from a Sony Handicam to my MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.