Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV album artwork not showing

When using AppleTV, why is my album artwork frozen on one artist and does not change when new song is selected?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 7:54 PM

6 replies

Dec 31, 2014 10:09 AM in response to pedro d

Been all through this checklist.

I don't think you're grasping the problem. Everything about everything works great. EXCEPT artwork. When you restart your computer, AppleTV picks up the albums and all their associated artwork. However, if you're in a playlist with more than one album, the artwork for the very first album that iTunes chose stays the same until you reboot your computer again. It does not fix itself by moving to another playlist.

I'm sharing from Windows 7 Professional. There is no internal firewall. Lan->Lan is wide open. Zero restrictions.

Feb 19, 2015 7:16 PM in response to kglea

Same problem here, Apple TV 3rd generation, everything works fine for a few hours/days and then I need to reboot to see artwork again.

The problem seems to affect all artwork independent on the app running (main menu trying to display posters from "Movies", inside Netflix, inside Crackle, etc).

Hopefully Apple will realize there's a problem and release an update.

Jul 12, 2015 9:18 AM in response to kglea

I had similar problem with either the same album artwork showing up for every song or album artwork missing.

This solved the problem for me:

Do a force restart of Apple TV: Use the remote and press both the down button and the menu button until the light on the Apple TV blinks rapidly. Unplug the power cord from the Apple TV. Wait five seconds, plug it back in.

Voila!

Jul 12, 2015 9:43 AM in response to nslick

UPDATE: My solution above only worked for a few albums. Problem still persists. The artwork on Apple TV shows up when I choose to select from "Albums" on the right side of the screen, but the corresponding album that appears on the left from that album show up without artwork. IN other works, the artwork is all there - it just doesn't show up when you actually want to play anything.

Apple TV album artwork not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.