Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music on my Iphone overnight un-downloaded itself

Specs of my phone are at the bottom. So I recently purchased on my phone an album of music. The next morning I woke up and all of my music, 968 freaking songs, just undownloaded off my phone. Now I can still see them, I guess they are on the cloud because every song has next to it the button to download off of the cloud. Yet if I look in settings there still is space being taken up by my music. I don't know, I am not really an Apple expert. But then if I click that cloud button it looks like it is going to download but then stops and makes the song totally inaccessible. It is there but is like grayed out. So my songs are either partially downloaded or on the cloud, which I have gotten some of the cloud songs to play, but it starts and stops a lot and I am afraid it is going to good portion of my data. I have restarted my phone, done the force shutdown on it. I tried to sync my music to my laptop, which I sadly haven't done in a long time so if I lose my music on my phone most of it I can't get back. Or maybe I can, as I said not an expert. When I tried to sync it, it kind of just froze my phone and laptop, and I had to eventually restart them both. I also experimented and bought another song, and it automatically went to the cloud thing.

Please any solutions, suggestions, or tips will be truly appreciated. I am heading to college this Thursday. I want to transfer my music from my phone to my new laptop but to do that I need to sync my old laptop with my phone then do the migration assistance program. So I am really stuck right now.

SPECS: Iphone 5s on iOS 7.0.4 that is a 32gb and currently has 5gb of available space.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 9:11 PM

1 reply

Aug 14, 2014 11:22 AM in response to TheGyzmo

Hello TheGyzmo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your might have signed up for iTunes Match.

Good to know

• When you enable iTunes Match on your iOS device, the music library on your iOS device will be deleted and replaced with your music in iCloud.
  • Syncing music with iTunes will be disabled while iTunes Match is enabled on your iOS device.
  • By default, when you add an iOS device to iTunes Match, the option to download over a cellular network isn't enabled1. To enable downloading over a cellular network for iTunes Match, choose Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Use Cellular Data > On.
  • When you use iTunes Match on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, it will be associated with the Apple ID you use for iTunes Match. Learn more about subscribing to iTunes Match.

iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5637

What I suggest is that you move your music from your old laptop to your new one by following the steps below:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

After that, you can then add iTunes match on your computer, or turn off iTunes Match on your iPhone, and then sync your iPhone as you would normally with your new computer.

iTunes: How to add a computer or iOS device to iTunes Match

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4913

Take care,

Alex H.

My music on my Iphone overnight un-downloaded itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.