Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod won't sync

i don't know what to do, yesterday my iPod had a Red x on it, i managed to fix that, but now it won't sync at all, saying it failed to copy to disk and saying that ipod cannot be found when it shows up on the side bar, i've tried almost every trick in the book, literally, nothing seems to work and i'm really starting to lose patience for this thing, it was fine ever since now, i just want to make it work again, movies sync fine but my music won't sync or it'll stop half way saying cannot find ipod or disk, or it'll say i have to restore it because it is corrupt, i've tried dfu mode but that doesn't work either, could someone give me more diagnostic tricks i could try? please and thanks 🙂

iPod classic, iOS 1.x

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 9:41 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2014 6:06 AM in response to AssassinEdward

HI there,

If the issues persist after performing the troubleshooting steps above, you may need to setup service for your iPod.

Setup Service for iPod

If you cannot force your iPod into disk mode and restore it, then your iPod may need service. Click one of the links below to setup an iPod Service Request online or make a reservation at the Genius Bar before visiting your local Apple Retail Store.

-Griff W.

ipod won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.