Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newest upgrade won't sync with my iPhone

After upgrading with the newest iTunes upgrade, my iPhone no longer syncs with it. When will this problem be fixed? Last week I upgraded my iTunes and it no longer displayed the icon my "iPhone" syncing with my iTunes. I've used the same PC and iPhone, nothing changed until after I upgraded iTunes. I tried my other PC with the older iTunes version and it displayed the sync icon and had no problem allowing me to sync with my iPhone but I don't want to sync with my iTunes on my older PC. This morning, Apple had prompted a newer upgraded version of iTunes available and I immediately upgraded in hopes it will fix the issue. It did not! Why is this?

iPhone 5

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 12:23 PM

Hi batpirate, ditto, having exactly the same problems. My old Windows 7 machine and old version of itunes, no problem. Doesn't look like windows 8.1 as the device manager is seeing my iphone. Agree with you, looks like itunes. Also agree, the latest update to itunes doesn't fix the problem.

4 replies

Aug 18, 2014 10:26 PM in response to larryfrompreston

I fixed it!!! Go to How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows I followed the steps and it wasn't until I followed the very last: uninstalling all AMDS, iTunes, and all Apple software, restart your computer, reinstall itunes, restart your pc, and then opened itunes. I also, reset my iphone, turned it back on, and prayed this will work when I connected my iphone and it worked!!

Newest upgrade won't sync with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.