Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to share my home videos with friends and family

I created a number of home videos using iMovie. For me this works more or less fine since i can view the movies by using a NAS as media centre. But with the apple it seems to be a complete complex procedure to share those videos with my friends and family. Anyone any idea how i can share my iMovies with friends and family in the best way.

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 6:06 PM

You could use home sharing, simply pointing the content to iTunes and sharing through there.

iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media folder

Setting up Home Sharing for Apple TV (2nd generation and 3rd generation)

The other option is to use mirroring (if your Mac does not meet the requirements you can use a 3rd party program like Airparrot)

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2014 6:06 PM in response to MrNiks

You could use home sharing, simply pointing the content to iTunes and sharing through there.

iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media folder

Setting up Home Sharing for Apple TV (2nd generation and 3rd generation)

The other option is to use mirroring (if your Mac does not meet the requirements you can use a 3rd party program like Airparrot)

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X

how to share my home videos with friends and family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.