Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone / iPad not displaying Contact addresses correctly?

I posted this under iPhone to to but maybe here is better as it seems to be an iCloud issue or a Contacts App issue (post 7.1.2)

Just noticed this but with some addresses both my iPhone and iPad are displaying them incorrectly, despite them looking fine on the MacBook. Many addresses I have for contact are long, not everyone's address fits the one box / one entry option (e.g. street, town, postcode, state etc). Up until the latest update to 7.1.2 it was working OK, I think. At least it was working well earlier this year, quite when this bug developed I don't know. As an example, in some addresses, because they are so long I have to type in 'Street'

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Line 4

This then displays correctly on the Mac as

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Line 4

Town

Postcode

State

Country etc etc

The specific labels will change according to address format.

However, on the iPhone and iPad these addresses display as:

Line 2

Line 3

Line 4

Line 1

Town

Postcode

State

Country

If I delete Line 1 from the address it then becomes

Line 3

Line 4

Line 2

Town

Postcode

State

Country

The only way I can get the address to display correctly on the iPhone/iPad is by typing:

Line 2

Line 3

Line 4

Line 1

Town

Postcode

State

Country

Which then of course screws the display up on the Mac. Whatever happens the IOS devices seem to move whatever occupies line one in the street field down to the last line?? Anyone else encountered this or a fix? As with any updates of late it seems 1 step forward, 2 back. So much time now needs to be devoted to correcting glitches, or finding barely acceptable work arounds, as is the case here. It doesn't "Just work". far from it.

I've already submitted a bug report to Apple.

iPhone 4S & iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Macbook OSX 10.9.4

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 6:53 PM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2015 12:49 PM in response to TechAddict

I to have the same issue, I find that entering the data direct into iCloud Contacts on the web works, this seems to sync to all devices (Iphone,iPad,Mac Pro) to display correctly. it seems that the Mac Pro has a missing "street" line in the template which causes entries made on other devices to appear in different order

Hopefully Apple will sort this in the future

iPhone / iPad not displaying Contact addresses correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.