Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not exported from color

when i export xml from color i have an error "zero length data" and xml not exported. When i send color project to final cut pro - project closed. The length of project 1-30 hour. Help me please. Sorry for my english

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 12:53 AM

5 replies

Aug 19, 2014 2:10 PM in response to Shane Ross

Shane

I have the same issue... i already rendered the entire project which is 45 mins long. When i tried the SEND TO FCP option the software crashes, and when i try to export an XML, i have two errors, zero byte resource and zero length data.

Why is this happening?... is it because the sequence is too long? will there be a problem with frame rates or resizing the shot in FCP?

the slugs? the texts?

I already made 2 episodes out of 12 and didn't have any problems... but now im stuck with number 3.

Aug 19, 2014 5:52 PM in response to Shane Ross

No shot missing... Everything seems alright...

could it be possible that this problem comes from having 2 different frame rates in the timeline?

the footage runs at 23.98 fps and maybe 2 shots at 60 fps....

I'm working with apple pro res 422

I've read that maybe separating the project in 10 minute pieces might work...

thank you for your time 🙂

Aug 19, 2014 5:54 PM in response to jimscl

Yes...that is a problem...and most likely the issue. Color doesn't work with mixed frame rates. It even messes up speed changes from time to time. Those need to be baked in.

So you either need to separate out the clips that are of different frame rates into two separate sequences and send separately to Color....or convert one frame rate to the other so that all the clips have the same frame rate.

Not exported from color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.