Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access my husband's iTunes acct. from my iPad? I have his permission & pass code. We want to keep all music in one place & family accessible.

Can I access my husband's iTunes acct. from my iPad? i have his permission & pass code. We want to keep all music in one place & family accessible.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 6:06 AM

2 replies

Aug 12, 2014 6:10 AM in response to AMBL

AMBL wrote:

Can I access my husband's iTunes acct. from my iPad? i have his permission & pass code. We want to keep all music in one place & family accessible.

Yes you can, sign in his Apple ID and password in

Settings > iTunes > App Store > Apple ID > here to share purchases from App/iTunes/iBook Store.

Aug 12, 2014 6:19 AM in response to AMBL

If you log into his account and download some of his past purchases on your iPad then you risk tying your iPad to his account for 90 days : iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

But it looks like that might change when iOS 8 is released in the Autumn (no date has been announced yet) : http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/family-sharing/

If you have his content in your computer's iTunes library then you could sync it from there instead of risking the 90 days association on your iPad. If you don't then you could copy it from his computer and then sync it to your iPad e.g. copy his music to a flash drive and then add it to your library via File > Add To Library

Can I access my husband's iTunes acct. from my iPad? I have his permission & pass code. We want to keep all music in one place & family accessible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.