Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio Pro on Mavericks

Hi guys...

I haven't found any "news" related about installing DVD Studio Pro on Mavericks.

I think i've read somewhere that this software was deprecated so now i need to know how can i install the latest version on mavericks or maybe find another software as good as DVD Studio Pro.

Any help?

Regards and thanks so much.

Francisco.

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 8:46 AM

12 replies

Mar 22, 2015 1:47 PM in response to FCPUSER11

I have 10.9.5 using FCPX on two different iMacs. I own Final Cut Studio 3 but only use DVDSP 4. It's running quite nicely on the older iMac, but today I tried to install on the newer iMac but got dialog box that says Powerpc applications are no longer supported. I cannot remember how I installed it on the first iMac. Is there a way to install DVDSP 4 on the newer iMac running 10.9.5?

Mar 29, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Wikileak

Wikileak:

It works even though it doesn't work.

While the display of colors in the pop-up menu is broken under Mac OS X 10.9, the palette is still there and works for setting colors. Choosing the first blank spot in the Color pop-up menu sets that first color in the palette, choosing the second blank spot on the Color pop-up menu sets the second color in the in the palette, etc. Of course, this was sooooo much easier when the Color pop-up menu displayed color swatches as expected.

If you click the "Edit Palette" button at the bottom, the colors in the Edit Palette dialog box from left to right correspond to the Color pop-up menu from top to bottom. So, the color in row one, column one of the Edit Palette dialog will be the first blank in the Color pop-up list. The color in the row one, column two will be the second color in the pop-up list and so forth.

I set the colors for a title in the Edit Palette and take a screen shot, then reference that while using the Color pop-up menu.

If your machine will boot 10.7.5, an alternative is to create a startup volume just for setting the colors and switch to 10.9.5 for finishing the disc.

-Warren

DVD Studio Pro on Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.