Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes chronically unresponsive with podcasts

Even after the most recent update, iTunes is jamming and slowing down terribly when doing anything to do with podcasts, in both List-view AND My-Podcasts-view.

Any way to rectify this or should we expect another update soon? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 9:01 AM

2 replies

Aug 12, 2014 1:12 PM in response to Aussieman1

iTunes 11.3.1.2 addresses the issue of iTunes taking forever to go through Podcast subscriptions, even when you are not subscribed to them!

However, users (including myself) have reported that following that update, when switching to Podcasts, the message "iTunes has stopped working" appears. I took Apple's advice on that problem, which is to start iTunes in Safe Mode. For me, that fixed the problem, but for anyone who continues to have the problem, their advice continues...

Read this article; iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins where you will find specific mention of iTunes for Mac (by the way, you have posted in the iTunes for Windows forum) and what to do if the problem persists.

iTunes chronically unresponsive with podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.