Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded a Maverick OS X 10.9.4 and installed it on my Mac from a USB, and i can't receive a Verification Code via SMS when setting up the iCloud Keychain. Please help

I have downloaded a Maverick OS X 10.9.4 and installed it on my Mac from a USB, and i can't receive a Verification Code via SMS when setting up the iCloud Keychain. Please help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Core I5, 4 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 9:36 AM

1 reply

Aug 14, 2014 6:45 AM in response to Kutoz

Hello, Kutoz.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here is some information that you may find helpful with this issue.

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

1. Make sure that you have a strong cellular network connection on your phone.
  2. Make sure that your phone number can receive SMS messages. You can do this by asking someone to send you a text message.
  3. Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:
    • iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  4. If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Get help using iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Cheers,

Jason H.

I have downloaded a Maverick OS X 10.9.4 and installed it on my Mac from a USB, and i can't receive a Verification Code via SMS when setting up the iCloud Keychain. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.