Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-Apple Cell Phone as Trusted Device Not Working

Since I'm required to choose a community in which to post this question, and I can't seem to find one that's appropriate, I'll just give up and choose this one. I can't imagine why this has to be as difficult as it's turning out to be.

I've been trying to set up my cell phone as a trusted device for two-step verification of my AppleID. Unfortunately, my carrier is not on the list of approved carriers, so, when I request that a code be sent to the phone, nothing happens. Apple appears to be trying to send a code, but no message appears on my phone. It took a bit of digging to find the list of supported carriers, but I did and mine isn't listed. Is there a way to work around this limitation? Is there a way to ask to have my carrier added to the list?

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 11:43 AM

3 replies

Aug 12, 2014 7:05 PM in response to fromsouth

Thanks for the replies, guys! I eventually found the approved carriers list, which is how I know mine's not on it. They're spreading the rumor that they'll be offering iPhone in the "near future," and if it's true, I have to assume that they'll be added to the list. Until then I'm content knowing not to bother trying to verify my phone. It would be a nice touch if Apple would include the bit about approved carriers in their instructions regarding verification. Right now they lead you to believe that any device that can receive an SMS message can be made a trusted device.

Non-Apple Cell Phone as Trusted Device Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.