Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Reset Keychain and Get Rid of All the Password Popups?

I was away four a few weeks and just before doing so I had reset my user password? When I returned I couldn't remember it, so I had to reset it in recovery mode. After doing this and booting up I'm getting oodles of prompts to enter my Keychain Login which I do not know, so I do reset which doesn't take. Mail also asks for all my mail accounts passwords which I enter and do not take either.

How can I clear all the Keychain info and start from scratch before I pull all my hair out?

Lastly, I do not backup Keychain to iCloud.

OS 10.9.4

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 2010 12-Core 24GB 5870 600GB Raptor

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 12:08 PM

11 replies

Aug 27, 2014 8:48 AM in response to Tony Giordano

I talked to Apple Technical Support last night about it. What caused mine to start popping up was that I changed my settings and created a login password for my computer. It must not have been the same password as my keychain password so keychain password popups started. Technical support had me reset keychain with the login required for my computer and now I don't have popups anymore.

If you have AppleCare on your computer that is current, you can call technical support with any issues and they'll gladly walk you through your Mac troubles.

Dec 17, 2015 11:38 AM in response to taniafromhaiku

This is the only way... that I have found that works.

Depress the ctrl key once do that you are seeing :

Finder - File - Edit – View – Go – Window – Help

Navigate to Go whilst depressing alt which then shows the file: Library

Which then shows a Keychains folder in the stack.

Drag that folder onto the desktop and reboot.

This then creates a new virgin Keychains folder which should resolve your problems.

How Do I Reset Keychain and Get Rid of All the Password Popups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.