Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop Constant Fail Message

When sending file from (MacPro) to (MacbookPro) both computers see each other, however I am unable to send docx. without being denied:

1. I received the failed to send (on MacPro Tower -to- MacbookPro laptop) but the files show up on my Macbook Pro - why? And is there a fix?

2. When sending from (MacbookPro laptop -to- MacPro tower), the proper dialogue questions and answers apply and it works fine.

Others have stated rebooting the finder on both devices as a solution, however this did nothing for me.

-Both units are running OSX 10.8.5 Thanks!!!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 12 Core2.66/32 GB RAM/240GB SSD...

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 2:13 PM

5 replies

Aug 14, 2014 9:14 PM in response to Eric Root

As you can see, the computers show up in the Airdrop Tabs in the finder, not as an item, say for instance my Wifi Printer that does show up. Its an issue with the airdrop feature itself not sending to the laptop, and no option to accept of deny file from laptop as I get an instant "fail" message when attempting from the Desktop. Thanks so much for your help and advice, Eric Root!

!User uploaded file

Airdrop Constant Fail Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.