Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts manually downloaded not showing up in podcast section of itunes

Hi everyone! I have zero experience with podcasts and manually downloaded a few local podcasts from npr that were not available through itunes. I have a very long trip tomorrow and thought it would be very straightforward and simple.. Man was I wrong! The 6 podcasts I downloaded from itunes are showing up in the podcast section on my itunes on the computer when I go to sync, but none of the other 10+ manually downloaded items are not... Is there anything I can do to get those uploaded onto my phone- ideally all the podcasts together in a playlist or the podcasts app, but at this point I'll take anything over having to burn a CD I can't even use on the plane ride....

If it matters I use itunes match/icloud usually, but they don't seem to be working for those manually downloaded items =(

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 1:49 PM

6 replies

Aug 12, 2014 2:17 PM in response to KiltedTim

I just downloaded them from the local website, then added them to my itunes library like I would regular music. They show up in itunes music fine and I can create & play them from a playlist on my computer, but it says they are not icloud eligible and therefore itunes match wont match them with my phone... I don't know how to tag as podcasts, I went to update info and changed the genre & album to podcast but still nothing is helping...

Aug 12, 2014 2:26 PM in response to eureka30030

eureka30030 wrote:

but it says they are not icloud eligible and therefore itunes match wont match them with my phone...

You might have mentioned that to begin with.

I'm guessing they may be low bit-rate recordings. See this page:iTunes Match: Understanding the iCloud Status icons

This icon appears next to items that aren't eligible to be uploaded to iCloud using iTunes Match. For example, songs that are larger than 200MB or songs encoded at 96 Kbps or less.

Podcasts manually downloaded not showing up in podcast section of itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.