Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home shared libraries showing in OSX but not in IOS

I use a MacMini running Mavericks as a music server, connected to the home my home Hi-Fi system and to my home network router via Ethernet.

The iTunes library is shared. My iMac and my MacBook Air connected via wifi see correctly the shared library. My iPad2, iPhone5s and AppleTV2 do not see the MacMini shared library. They see all the stuff on my iCloud, but in spite of having tried all the magics described in these pages (turn-on-tur-off, logout-login, spin-arounf, etcetera) I have no results.

I am correctly connected to my only Apple ID on all the IOS devices and sync wifi with the MacMini. I control correctly the iTunes on the MacMini with my iPad2, iPhone5s using Remote. I can also control the AppleTV2 with Remote.

But the shared library does not show up in Music. When I select "Computer" on the AppleTV2, I am asked to "activate the sharing on the computer" (in spite of the fact that the sharing is active and accessible from the other OSX devices).

In brief OSX devices can see the family shared library, IOS devices cannot. There's no occasional appearing, appear and disappear. Nothing.

NB: I do not remember exactly, but the issue appeared time ago (I would say a couple of years) after an IOS upgrade.

Any suggestions is more than welcome.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 4:07 PM

2 replies

Home shared libraries showing in OSX but not in IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.