Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to download the HD anyways even if it can't be played on my computer...I don't want to have to buy SD. Please help.

I bought blu ray with digital copy. Digital copy is HD. My computer is not but my phone is. How can I download the HD digital copy anyways for transfer to my devices? I don't want to put out more money for a SD.

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 11:45 PM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2014 11:51 AM in response to hlamcknight

Hello hlamcknight,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If your computer does not fit the requirements for HD as the article below shows, then the SD version will be downloaded. To download the HD version, you will need to download it from your previous purchases.

When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only the HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page. Conversely, if you purchase an HD video on an unsupported device, the SD version will be downloaded. Then, you will need to download the HD version from your Purchased page. Learn more about downloading previous purchases.

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

Take care,

Alex H.

I want to download the HD anyways even if it can't be played on my computer...I don't want to have to buy SD. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.