Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime App Not Showing In Settings & Home Screen

i have iphone 5S, Model No ME434AE/A,i bought from qatar, now iam using in sri lanka, i cannot find the facetime app & settings,if i use in qatar its showing and working properly, in sri lanka i cannot find the app & settings, how can i solve this issue? which model supporting for all countries ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 2:33 AM

The ME434AE/A phone while you may have bought it in Qatar where FaceTime is no longer banned, is a phone that came originally from the UAE or KSA where FaceTime is not allowed. Taking the phone to another country does not change things. There is no way to get FaceTime on iphones that originate from the UAE?KSA Read for face time in ME434AE/A

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2014 2:33 AM in response to RoshenM

The ME434AE/A phone while you may have bought it in Qatar where FaceTime is no longer banned, is a phone that came originally from the UAE or KSA where FaceTime is not allowed. Taking the phone to another country does not change things. There is no way to get FaceTime on iphones that originate from the UAE?KSA Read for face time in ME434AE/A

Aug 3, 2015 4:37 AM in response to Ocean20

As per Apples' website Vodafone is official dealer of Apple in Qatar (https://www.apple.com/qa/buy/), So I bought my iPhone 6 in Vodafone Store in Qatar and FaceTime worked on my phone without any problem in Qatar.

After that I went to Sri Lanka and insert my Sim Card (Dialog) Facetime icon disappeared (As per Apple website FaceTime enabled for Dialog Sri Lanka (Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific - Apple Support).

My iPhone model number is MG4F2AE/A,

Now my Questions is

1. How Vodafone Qatar can sell iPhone which is made for UAE because they are official Dealer of Apple in Qatar?
  2. If Facetime banned in this model (MG4F2AE/A) how it is working with Qatar Ooredoo sim card?

Aug 17, 2015 5:59 AM in response to RoshenM

Dear RoshenM

I have a problem which is kind of similar to yours, with this deference that my iPhone is not AE/A, mine is LL/A which is supposed to support FaceTime.

I wounder if the below mentioned issues are the same for your device or not, would you please check them and inform me about the result?

1) There is no FaceTime icon neither on the Home Page nor in the Settings menu, but in Settings/Notifications you can find the FaceTime icon !!!

2) When making a phone call, the FaceTime icon (which is not active of course) appears on the screen next to icons like Mute, Keypad, Speaker, Contacts.

Thanks

FaceTime App Not Showing In Settings & Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.