Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
If the Wi-Fi network you would like to join has a weak signal, your iPad mini may not be able to pick up that signal. There are some troubleshooting steps located in the attached article that I would suggest reading over and using to help you isolate the issue.
- Verify that the network is available by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi and choosing from the available networks.Note: It may take a few seconds for the Wi-Fi network name to appear.
- Move closer to your wireless router (access point) and attempt to locate the Wi-Fi network.
- If you do not see the network you would like to join, you may be attempting to connect to a hidden network. Learn how to join a hidden network.
- Supported Wi-Fi configurations vary by iOS device model. Find out which standards your device supports3.
- Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
- previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
- recently used Bluetooth accessories
- VPN and APN settings
Have a great day,