2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2014 3:17 AM by chalky38 Branched to a new discussion.
chalky38 Level 1 (0 points)

How to locate weak wifi signals on ipad mini.It only picks uo very strong ones .Thanks.

iPad, iOS 7.1.2
  • Level 3 (700 points)

Hi chalky38,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If the Wi-Fi network you would like to join has a weak signal, your iPad mini may not be able to pick up that signal. There are some troubleshooting steps located in the attached article that I would suggest reading over and using to help you isolate the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Unable to locate a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that the network is available by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi and choosing from the available networks.Note: It may take a few seconds for the Wi-Fi network name to appear.
    2. Move closer to your wireless router (access point) and attempt to locate the Wi-Fi network.
    3. If you do not see the network you would like to join, you may be attempting to connect to a hidden network. Learn how to join a hidden network.
    4. Supported Wi-Fi configurations vary by iOS device model. Find out which standards your device supports3.
    5. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Have a great day,

Joe

• chalky38 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks Joe,tried all,but it will not connect.In cafe to day that has wifi connects on smart phone but does not show on ipad.I wish I had stayed with kindle fire.