Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my ipad mini to find weak wi-fi signals only finds very strong ones thank you.

How to locate weak wifi signals on ipad mini.It only picks uo very strong ones .Thanks.

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 2:28 AM

2 replies

Aug 15, 2014 10:55 AM in response to chalky38

Hi chalky38,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If the Wi-Fi network you would like to join has a weak signal, your iPad mini may not be able to pick up that signal. There are some troubleshooting steps located in the attached article that I would suggest reading over and using to help you isolate the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Unable to locate a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that the network is available by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi and choosing from the available networks.Note: It may take a few seconds for the Wi-Fi network name to appear.
  2. Move closer to your wireless router (access point) and attempt to locate the Wi-Fi network.
  3. If you do not see the network you would like to join, you may be attempting to connect to a hidden network. Learn how to join a hidden network.
  4. Supported Wi-Fi configurations vary by iOS device model. Find out which standards your device supports3.
  5. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
    • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    • recently used Bluetooth accessories
    • VPN and APN settings

Have a great day,

Joe

How can I get my ipad mini to find weak wi-fi signals only finds very strong ones thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.