Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move a rented movie from PC to ipad

I am travelling on a plane this Friday with my children. I have just gone onto my PC, gone into my iTunes library and downloaded 4 films - I bought two and rented two. I synced my ipad. I went into the Videos app on my ipad and can see the two films that I have bought, but not the two that I have rented.

I have checked my account and can see that payment has been taken for all four films. If I go into my iTunes library on my pc (not my ipad), and then gone into movies, I can see the two other films in the 'rented' tab. So I just don't understand how to get them across to my ipad. There is no 'move' button or tab as a few others have suggested.

Help!!!

Thanks Rachel

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 8:51 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2014 9:05 AM in response to RachelC84

This article explains it:

How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on your computer

The section titled To rent movies from the iTunes Store on your computer has the step by step instructions.

Apple wrote:

Once the rental is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer or transfer the rental to a supported iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV (1st generation):

1. Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
  2. Click the Movies button.
  3. Select the movie, and then click Move.
  4. After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower-right corner of iTunes.

You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.

Aug 13, 2014 9:07 AM in response to RachelC84

If you connect your iPad to your computer and select it on your computer's iTunes, then on its Movies tab (the same tab that you use for syncing bought films) do the rentals not show ?

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1390 :

Once the rental is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer or transfer the rental to a supported iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV (1st generation):

1. Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
  2. Click the Movies button.
  3. Select the movie, and then click Move.
  4. After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower-right corner of iTunes.

You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.

How to move a rented movie from PC to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.