Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Bounce icon has disappeared from my mail bar.

The Bounce feature has disappeared from my mail feature. My Mac is OX 10.9.4😕

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Looking at Duplicate Cleaner-iphoto

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 9:12 AM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2014 10:57 AM in response to Ellefromga

Does Mail open normally?

You can try resetting the Dock.

Try doing a Dock restart using the following Terminal command:

killall Dock

Log out/in and test. If that doesnt work, you need to look in your user Library/Applications Support/Dock for the .db. Use the Finder “Go To Folder” command. Enter ~/ Library/Applications Support/Dock. Move the .db to your desktop.

Then try a dock reset.

Applications/Utilities/Terminal enter the command

killall Dock

Log out/in test. If it works okay, delete the .db from the desktop.

If the Dock is the same, return the .db to where you got them from, overwriting the newer ones.

Aug 13, 2014 2:15 PM in response to Ellefromga

Most spam has forged 'From' addresses so all you would be doing is sending yet more spam to totally innocent people (who are probably already getting a lot of bounces because of this) and making a bad situation worse. Even if the 'From' address is genuine, I very much doubt any spammer is going to remove your address from a huge list (they certainly would get a lot of bounces from actually dead addresses) - and in any case they can probably tell it's not a genuine bounce easily enough, so now you've just confirmed that your address works. This is why it was removed - even if you find a way to simulate a bounce, please don't.

The Bounce icon has disappeared from my mail bar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.