Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Accounts and Apple ID's

Hi

I have an iMac with two accounts on it each account has it's own Apple ID

When i logon to account A and use itunes i can down load music from it's own Apple ID. When i logon to account B and use itunes i can see the music that has been purchased with it's apple ID but when i goto download it i get the error "This computer is already associated with an Apple ID"

Is there a away i can use two Apple ID's with two different account on one Mac ?

Thank you for any help you guys can give me.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 10:06 AM

1 reply

Aug 13, 2014 10:27 AM in response to Orz140

Simple answer: Keep a copy of all your purchases on a local drive even if it an archive drive you don't normally keep plugged in. Do not put yourself in a position where you have to re-download past purchases. Many you can re-download multiple times but Apple itself observes they may not always be available for re-download (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519).

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627 - In connection with, "When you turn on iTunes Match or Automatic Downloads, or when you download past purchases on an iOS device or computer, that device or computer becomes associated with your Apple ID." "Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined) associated with it. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID. Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days."

Why all the above? No official statement but one could forward the argument it's a step to preventing media piracy.

Multiple Accounts and Apple ID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.