Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't turn in. It flashes the apple logo over and over again.

I was using my phone earlier today and was without a charger so it eventually died on its own. About a half hour later, I was able to hook my phone up to my computer to charge it (like I have done countless times before). This time though, my phone got to the apple logo screen but then the white apple slowly faded grey then the screen flashed white and the apple appeared again. Then would fade once again. Sometimes a colored line appears somewhere on the screen as the apple fades away. The flashes happen very quickly, like 4 seconds for the screen to flash, the apple fade, then flash again. Is there any way that I can fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 4:25 PM

2 replies

Aug 15, 2014 7:25 AM in response to xallyx

Hey xallyx,

Thanks for the question. The following resources provide information about the symptom you are experiencing:

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

Resolution

1. If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.

2. If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected, restart your device.

3. If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on), reset your device.

4. If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:

1. If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.

2. Let it charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.

3. If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.

4. If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged. Learn more about charging iPhone and iPod touch, or iPad.

5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:

1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.

2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more about restoring iOS software.

3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.

6. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.

Thanks,

Matt M.

iPhone won't turn in. It flashes the apple logo over and over again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.