Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to put music from Ipod onto new computer?

I used my parents computer when I was a freshman in high school for my I tunes with this ipod. But I got a laptop for college and my parents got rid of their computer while I was away. Is there any way I can just upload the songs from my ipod classic onto my laptop? Please help!!!

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 6:28 PM

10 replies

Oct 21, 2014 9:13 AM in response to Carley0705

Hi, Carley0705

That's annoyingt, right? I am so mad when I meet the same question as you did. I can't find out what to do until my friend send these steps to me:

If you've purchased the music from itunes, when you plug the iPod in to the pc, it'll ask if you want to transfer purchases to the computer. Due to the restriction ,we can only transfer our music from PC to iPod , but not transferring from iPod to PC if you’ve not purchased them. In this case, transferring your files from iPod to computer can be a hassle , I think you will need a practical third-party solution . In order to find out ******** you need to seach more information on the internet.

<Edited by Host>

Dec 29, 2014 6:11 AM in response to Carley0705

The first thing you should do is sync your ipod with iTunes on your old computer so that you have all of your music.

The second thing is to download iTunes onto your new computer.

Then all you have to do is sync your ipod to the new computer with iTunes, and you should have all your music on your new computer!!!!

Dec 29, 2014 6:15 AM in response to Community User

Reflexivebear wrote:

The first thing you should do is sync your ipod with iTunes on your old computer so that you have all of your music.

The second thing is to download iTunes onto your new computer.

Then all you have to do is sync your ipod to the new computer with iTunes, and you should have all your music on your new computer!!!!

No, this will not work.

The old computer is gone.

How to put music from Ipod onto new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.