Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s is charging, but doesn't indicate that it's charging - HELP NEEDED ASAP

Dear apple fans,

Goodmorning to you all, this is my very first post in the apple community and i would like to greet all of you 😀!

My iphone had recently stopped indicating that it is charging (When the battery turns green & the lightening sign comes on), but it's still charging. It charges very slow, but if turned off, it charges very fast. In addition, it is not connecting to the computer or syncing to itunes. I do not know if this is a hardware issue, or is it my connector cord... i have not tried any other connector cord as yet. Any feed backs or help that can be given will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

- Shemar M. Lewis

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2, Not syncing

Posted on Aug 13, 2014 9:13 PM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2014 8:56 AM in response to Visparia

Hey Visparia,

Thanks for the question and welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing issues with your iPhone 4s in relation to charging. Trying a different cord is definitely a great isolation step. The following resource provides additional steps that you can try as well:

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1476

Resolving issues

If your battery doesn't charge, or if your device shows a low-battery image, black screen, or "accessory not supported" alert, follow these steps.

1. Inspect the connector at the bottom of the phone:

- Make sure that there are no bent pins in the connector.

- Make sure that the connector is free from debris.

- If there are bent pins or debris, please contact Apple Support.

- Otherwise, continue troubleshooting.

2. Make sure that the outlet you're using works.

3. Make sure that the Apple USB cable and Apple USB power adapter work.

4. Plug the device in to power and let it charge until your device turns on. This could take between 10 and 30 minutes. If you don't have an Apple USB power adapter, try connecting to a computer's high-power USB 2.0 port (not a keyboard). The computer must be on.

5. If the device still exhibits an issue, try turning your device off and then on again while connected to power.

6. If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support.

I also understand that your iPhone is not recognized in iTunes when connected. This too may be related to the cable itself, however here are some troubleshooting that you can attempt, based on your computer’s operating system:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1591

Thanks,

Matt M.

Iphone 4s is charging, but doesn't indicate that it's charging - HELP NEEDED ASAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.