Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Radio stops or changes stations...

I listen to radio on itunes at night. It helps me sleep.

Often, the station will switch on it's own down the list. I don't want to listen to any other station than the one I choose. iTunes needs to add a way to lock the station or let me create a playlist with only one station in it.

Sometimes, the sound will stop and iTunes will say it's re-syncing. It never comes back after this. I have to stop the re-syncing and restart the station. I would rather iTunes didn't attempt to re-sync and just reconnected to the station.

I'm using the latest version of iTunes on Windows 7 64-Bit

Message was edited by: Al Hartman

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 12:57 AM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2014 5:54 AM in response to Al Hartman

I have these issues too...though not exactly...

Sometimes ITunes internet radio will simply stop playing. Not that it is resyncing or anything - it literally just stops on its own and I have to hit play again.

And sometimes I will start playing a station, then 1 minute later it automatically changes to the station below it. It continues sequentially down the list, changing every minute on its own.

I have not been able to establish a pattern as to when these issue occur - the circumstances of my using ITunes is always the same. But sometimes it works fine, and other times either of those things happen.

This is very frustrating, as I listen while I work and anytime Itunes does something like that it detracts my focus...I wish Apple would fix it.

Nov 13, 2014 12:18 PM in response to Ikasugami

I have the same issue of some internet radio selections not working at all or having some sort of frequency tone which makes it unusable as far as listening.

For example, I listen to a variety of internet radio stations, one I listen to regularly is under News / Talk Radio > KPBS (Public radio serves San Diego & the Imperial Valley...) and KPBS Radio (KPBS: News & Information); both streams have an audible tone to prevent recording?? It makes both impossible to listen to. Also, under News / Talk Radio > Fox News Talk Everywhere is too often non able to be synced or listened to and the selection moves to the next station listed which is 'France Culture" and is in French; nothing against French but I don't speak the language and that is not the stream I want to listen to. This occurs much more often than it should.

Thanks.

Nov 16, 2014 5:13 PM in response to Ikasugami

I feel I need to provide some clarification and additional information...

When I say I am using internet radio in ITunes, I mean that I stream radio from a particular site through ITunes. The stations / channels I play from this site show up in ITunes as "songs" within a Playlist called "Internet Songs". So in saying ITunes is automatically changing the station, it is moving sequentially down the list of these "songs" in the Internet Songs Playlist. I hope that helps this make more sense, anyway.

I do this currently from 2 different computers. One I updated to the latest version, 12.0.1.26. The other is still on 11.1.5.5. Somehow the issue seems to be even worse on the latest version than one the older version. So far every single time I have tried listening to it since I updated, it has done the automatic channel changing.

Nov 18, 2014 6:14 AM in response to James-SantaBarbara

I have the same issue- specifically listening to FoxNewsTalk with iTunes internet radio on a Mac. FoxNewsTalk is pretty much the only station I listen to with iTunes, so I'm not sure if it's specific to that channel. I can still listen to this station if I connect to their station directly through a browser at http://radio.foxnews.com/listen/ so in other words, they are still online and broadcasting, it's just now working through iTunes.

Often this station on iTunes will stop playing from time to time, and I'll have to hit play to start it back up. Other times, like yesterday, it will stop working completely. Restarts of iTunes and the computer do not solve the issue. All other iTunes internet radio stations seem to work fine.

Maybe it's a left wing conspiracy-- just kidding.

Jan 3, 2015 12:18 PM in response to Al Hartman

I am having the same problem.

I listen to the streams of several broadcast radio stations, and have them all in a playlist. Most behave themselves, one switches to another station about once a day, and one switches every few minutes.

The timing of the switch is completely random ... sometimes it's a couple minutes, or I may get an hour. It does not always switch to the next station in the list; it seems to choose at random.

Very frustrating!

Internet Radio stops or changes stations...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.