Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Text # to retrieve iCloud passcode

I can't remember the 4 digit code for iCloud. The retrieval phone number is an old one and I have not been able to get the info updated in iCloud. It is up to date at Apple. I followed instructions I googled and they did not work. I am trying to turn on Keychain. Thank you. Bobbi

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Also have Touch Gen 5 and iPhone 5C

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 9:58 AM

You can either change the code on another approved device using iCloud keychain, or reset the code and replace the iCloud keychain with the keychain on the device you are using to reset it, as explained here: iCloud: About iCloud Security Code alert messages.

If you need to change the phone number for sms verification, you can do that as follows:

• iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2014 9:58 AM in response to BobbiAZ

You can either change the code on another approved device using iCloud keychain, or reset the code and replace the iCloud keychain with the keychain on the device you are using to reset it, as explained here: iCloud: About iCloud Security Code alert messages.

If you need to change the phone number for sms verification, you can do that as follows:

• iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

Updating Text # to retrieve iCloud passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.