Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar not syncing via iCloud

I'm have sync issues with iCloud:

I have multiple calendars on my desktop app. This is where I keep track of all my dates. I have activated all the proper settings (as far as I can tell) for syncing across all devices. (iMac, iPhone, iPad) All devices are up to date. I checked the settings via iTunes on the iPhone and it declares I am set up for iCloud syncing. Same with iPad. I check the settings on the devics themselves and all iCloud syncing is activated.

If I go to the desktop version and display the calendars on the left bar I see three groupings. First is headed "iCloud" and it is all the calendars I created. Second group is ALSO headed "iCloud" and it contains four generic calendars plus the one from the first group that is being synced to all devices. The third group is "Other" with US Holidays and Birthdays; also which I did not create. Only that one calendar which shows up in the first two groups--and does actually sync to my mobiles--had the broadcast icon alongside it; that one and the "Birthdays" calendar have it. So why are these the only calendars with that logo (presumably denoting iCloud broadcasting/sharing)? Obviously I didn't set that one calendar to sync. According to my devices my calendars are in sync.

This has me flummoxed.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 12:33 PM

17 replies

Aug 20, 2014 9:13 PM in response to Brunettin

So okay. I looked it over and nothing is working. I downloaded the various calendars like it suggested but now what? Do I have to just delete the current versions and import those I downloaded as iCloud folders? Because as far as I can tell, that's the issue. For whatever reason all but one of my calendars are non-iCloud calendars and the one that is is the one that is appearing on all my devices. Yet the menu bar in iCal that lists the calendars says distinctly at the top "iCloud." So why aren't they iCloud calendars?

And geez, wouldn't you think it would be as simple a thing to change as selecting the desired calendars and have a menu item to click called "Make iCloud Calendar..."?

Aug 20, 2014 10:03 PM in response to Brunettin

Well...here's the answer.

That question I posed about why isn't it as simple as selecting a menu item "Make an iCloud calendar..."? Well, it turns out it's almost as simple. If you right-clock on the calendar in the listing, a menu comes up with one of the items being "Sharing" You select that and in the space provided you type in your own Apple I.D. email address. That will link you up with any device with iCal on it. As I went through my list of calendars, sharing with myself, I could hear my iPad beeping in the other room as it was being alerted to the offer to share the various calendars.

Calendar not syncing via iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.