Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing is turned on - not working

Why is Home sharing my iTunes library not working? Error is "Could not connect to 'my name’s' iTunes library, Make sure the computer is on the same network as your Apple TV. the iTunes version is up to date and iTunes is running."

1. Both my Mac Pro and Apple TV are connected to the same modem using Ethernet
  2. I also tried switching my Apple TV to the wi-fi (again using the same router).
  3. I do have an internet connection and have been watching Netflix without issues
  4. Share my Library on my local network is selected in iTunes- Home sharing is ON
  5. Authorise this computer is ON
  6. Apple TV DOES NOT show up under devices in iTunes, (only my iPhone does)
  7. "This version of iTunes (11.3.1) is the current version” is up to date
  8. "OSX 10.9.4” is up to date
  9. have restarted apple TV
  10. have reset modem (Bell)

Note: I have not been able to use Mac Pro built-in Wi-Fi since upgrading to Mavericks. Also, lost all wireless connection to my printers and have since plugged directly into my computer via USB. I finally gave up trying to troubleshoot wi-fi issues

Is Mavericks the problem?

thanks, Db

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 5:35 PM

4 replies

Aug 15, 2014 9:06 AM in response to jackw625

Thanks for the suggestion Jack. I tried... still not able to recognize my iTunes library. I have had many networking issues since mavericks and am considering reverting back to Mountain Lion.

I will explore further wi-fi issues and support in a Mavericks discussion group and see what others have to say.

tnx - Db

Sep 15, 2014 8:59 AM in response to dbonte

I am having the exact same issue although a bit different. The ATV did connect intermittently a few times after the Mavericks install. However now, nothing. There is a second Gen1 ATV in the house as well - I can see that one, not the new Gen 3 unit. Going to restore and see if that fixes it.

Will follow this thread and see how you make out. Will post results after the restore.

David

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367

Home sharing is turned on - not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.