Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you put ipad into recovery with broken home button

I have an iPad 2 that has a broken home button so I have assistive home button. My kids changed the passcode and now we are all locked out. I tried restoring it on Itunes, but it won't allow me because Findmyiphone is still enabled. How do I get it into recovery without a working home button. The only thing I have found on the communities is to download Recboot. I hesitate to download anything like that. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 8:19 PM

12 replies

Aug 17, 2014 6:02 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I downloaded Recboot and it won't run. It keeps giving me a Microsoft.Net.Framework error message telling me that it could no find file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\iTunesMobileDevice.dll' I have Windows 8 and really am at my wits end with this. Is there something that I need to do in order for this to work? I also downloaded Reiboot and it also gives me an error message that there an entry point not found. Help!!!!!

How do you put ipad into recovery with broken home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.