Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help in setting up a calendar! Any instructions anywhere?

What is the correct procedure to set up a calendar. I have chosen some photos and they are on the desktop. How do I add them to a calendar?

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 5:17 AM

6 replies

Aug 15, 2014 5:25 AM in response to lainey

Which version of iPhoto do you have? You need iPhoto '09 or '11 to create a photo calendar and order it from Apple.

• Import the photos to your iPhoto Library.
  • Create a Calendar project:
    • Select the photos in the iPhoto library and go to the "File" menu: File > New Calendar.
    • Select a theme and set options for birthdays, etc.
    • Drag photos to the image place holders on the Calendar pages.
    • Preview your finished calendar
    • Order it.

See this Help Page (for iPhoto '11): http://help.apple.com/iphoto/index.html#phtb94d7e13

Aug 15, 2014 9:53 AM in response to lainey

Yes. iPhoto 7 (08) is no longer supported by the Apple Print Stores. To order a calendar or other print product you'll need iPhoto 8 (09) or later.

If you Mac will support Mavericks you can upgrade to Mavericks for free and then purchase iPhoto 9.5.1. Otherwise you'll have to purchase a copy of the iLife 11 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com. The highest version of iPhoto that your system can run is 9.2.3.

User uploaded file

Aug 15, 2014 10:31 AM in response to lainey

Yes. You will need to upgrade, like Old Toad described. Here is a list of the print products supported in the different iPhoto versions:

Apple Photo Services: Product line details for books, cards, and calendars

The themes for Calendars and books changed considerably. If you create your calendar now, before the upgrade, it may look differently after upgrading, because of the changed themes. Better upgrade right away, before you invest too much work into your calendar.

Aug 15, 2014 11:21 AM in response to ckuan

ckuan wrote:

Use iPhoto to create a photo calendar.

iPhoto > File > New Calendar

Unfortunately since the OP does not have up to date software they will not be able to print the calendar they create using your suggestion - the correct answer is to upgrade to iPhoto '09 or 11 and then start on the calendar

LN

I need help in setting up a calendar! Any instructions anywhere?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.