Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent mail disappearing?

Is anyone else having an issue with iCloud over the last few days? I have sent a few emails with attachments and they are not appearing in my Sent mail folder - not on my Mac, not on my phone, not on iCloud, nowhere. I checked with the recipients and they have received them. Also, other emails without attachments ARE still showing up in the Sent folder.

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 7:47 AM

5 replies

Sep 6, 2014 9:29 AM in response to kkframe

For what it's worth, I believe that I tracked my issue down to a specific WiFi network that I occasionally use for internet connections. For whatever reason, if I am connected through that network, my Mac mail doesn't play well with their system. If I send an email with a large attachment (a few MB), the email will be sent, but will frequently not show up in my Sent mail folder. If I send an email with no attachment, everything works properly.

That appears to be the only time that I have this issue.

Mar 27, 2015 1:51 AM in response to kkframe

Same here. Happened to me yesterday and is causing me major grief as the particular email was extremely important and took over an hour to create. Had 2 small Word docs as attachments. Checked everywhere on my Macbook Air including the various mail folders within my Library folder...all to no avail.

This email was sent while on a specific Wifi network where I had a meeting and I reached the same conclusion that it is related to the network. Where you able to figure out a way to find the email?

Sent mail disappearing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.