Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After download of iOS 7.1.2, Safari on my iPad2 is not holding logins

Prior to upgrading to iOS 7.1.2, Safari automatically saved passwords and account names on my iPad 2 for various sites such as Yahoo Finance. Since downloading iOS 7.1.2, Safari will not store these. How to I fix that?

Fixes for earlier versions of iOS don't work.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 11:15 AM

I have solved the problem. You have to turn off the blue "PRIVATE" link that appears on the left side of the popup keyboard. In prior versions of iOS I think this switch was found in settings under Safari. But not this version. Also if you are using a paired Zagg keyboard. There is no way to know the switch is on. Apple documentation of this feature is lacking at least where I looked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Lester1436

I have solved the problem. You have to turn off the blue "PRIVATE" link that appears on the left side of the popup keyboard. In prior versions of iOS I think this switch was found in settings under Safari. But not this version. Also if you are using a paired Zagg keyboard. There is no way to know the switch is on. Apple documentation of this feature is lacking at least where I looked.

After download of iOS 7.1.2, Safari on my iPad2 is not holding logins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.