Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I always imported my SD cards into iPhoto. Now it doesn't work with the cards from my new Nikon D7100 camera. What to do?

I have an iMac OS x 10.6.8 and always used iPhoto with good success, importing images including RAW format from my Nikon D40 into iPhoto. Since I bought a new Nikon D7100 camera I cannot upload the RAW images from its SC cards. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 4:05 PM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2014 7:26 PM in response to datadon

Apple occasionally releases software updates to include RAW formats for newer cameras, but apparently, OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (assuming the OS shown in your profile is indeed the one you're using) does not support the Nikon D7100 RAW format:

Mac OS X v10.6: Supported digital camera RAW formats

Upgrading to at least OS X 10.7 Lion would apparently fix that problem.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility 4.06

Same for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

OS X Mountain Lion: Supported digital camera RAW formats

If your iMac can run it OS X Mavericks: System Requirements, OS X Mavericks 10.9 is a free download upgrade, and it also supports the Nikon D7100 RAW format: OS X Mavericks: Supported digital camera RAW formats

I always imported my SD cards into iPhoto. Now it doesn't work with the cards from my new Nikon D7100 camera. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.