Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one delete a ringtone exported from Garageband App?

I created a rubbishy drum beat track when I was just messing around with the Garageband App. Just playing with the options and I exported it as a ringtone. Now I can't get rid of it. Deleted it from the Garageband file area in iTunes, still appears in the list on the phone. Deleted it from Garageband using Garageband. Still appears in the ringtone list...

Driving me nuts!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 4:40 PM

Waaaay late to the party with this answer, but here's what worked for me:

In the My songs page in GarageBand on your phone, tap edit and select any song (doesn't matter which one...if you have no songs just create a blank one right quick), and then tap the share button and scroll to Ringtone. If any pop-up message shows just click continue. Then tap "your ringtones" and hit edit; then you should see the red minus, which you can tap to delete the ringtone. This is the only way I've found to do it...it removes the tone from the "export ringtones" area you used to make it available as a ringtone in the first place. Doing this does indeed remove the tone from the list in Settings-Sounds. Hope this helps.

EDIT: This worked on an iPhone 6 plus on iOS 8.1 and GarageBand version 2.0.6

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2017 4:40 PM in response to Grant Wray

Waaaay late to the party with this answer, but here's what worked for me:

In the My songs page in GarageBand on your phone, tap edit and select any song (doesn't matter which one...if you have no songs just create a blank one right quick), and then tap the share button and scroll to Ringtone. If any pop-up message shows just click continue. Then tap "your ringtones" and hit edit; then you should see the red minus, which you can tap to delete the ringtone. This is the only way I've found to do it...it removes the tone from the "export ringtones" area you used to make it available as a ringtone in the first place. Doing this does indeed remove the tone from the list in Settings-Sounds. Hope this helps.

EDIT: This worked on an iPhone 6 plus on iOS 8.1 and GarageBand version 2.0.6

Jul 29, 2017 7:11 PM in response to 2121lol2121

Omg. Same ~

I deleted the app because I already export the ringtones that I like. But when I decided to remove those ringtones I install the app again and the minute I went to "My Songs" and made I new one to export because that's the only way I know how to get to "Your Ringtones" and deleted the ringtones, but when I click it the ringtones wasn't there. And I dont know how to delete it :(

How does one delete a ringtone exported from Garageband App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.