Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Tabs not syncing: Safari, iMac OS X Mavericks, iOS 7 on iPhone 5s and iPad Air

Hi all,

I'm having a dilemma at the moment and the "Genius" at Apple Store can't figure it out.

My dilemma is that I have an iMac with Mavericks 10.9.4, iPhone 5s and iPad Air with iOS 7.1.2 and the Safari iCloud Tabs is not exactly syncing. Allow me to elaborate below:

What I have:

- iMac 13,2 27" (Late 2012) with Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.4

- iPhone 5s 64GB with iOS 7.1.2

- iPad Air (Cellular+Wi-Fi) 128GB with iOS 7.1.2

My problems:

on iPhone: iPhone can see my iMac Safari iCloud Tabs perfectly. iPhone can't see Safari iPad iCloud Tabs

on iPad: (like iPhone) can see iMac Safari iCloud tabs but can't see my iPhone iCloud Tabs.

on iMac: Can see one (either iPad or iPhone) Safari iCloud Tabs depending on which device last access. I can't see both of them.

What I would like to see:

I would like to see ALL the Safari iCloud tabs across all of the devices.

Right now, it's frustrating opening a website on my iPhone but I would like to read it on my iPad but it's not syncing. Or reading it on my Mac, because the last thing was opened was my iPad so the iCloud tabs is iPad's.😕

What I have tried before:

1. Troubleshooting #1 - I have followed this tutorial: Set up and use iCloud Tabs

2. Troubleshooting #2 - I have reset Safari and iCloud tabs on both my iPhone and iPad in Settings//iCloud. I have done all the steps (including reset my devices) on this Support page - Get help using iCloud Tabs

3. Obviously none of the devices are on "Private browsing" because they can (sometime) see/sync with each other.

Can anyone help please?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 1:22 AM

2 replies

Feb 16, 2015 9:16 PM in response to machina_ii

Try upgrading your Mac to the newest version of OS X Mavericks, and try upgrading your iPhone and iPad to the newest version of iOS 7.

OS X Mavericks may not be in the Mac App Store by now, but you can find the newest version of Mavericks here at download.com: http://download.cnet.com/Apple-Mac-OS-X-Mavericks/3000-18513_4-76018588.html. Note: Download.com it a safe website to download free software.

iCloud Tabs not syncing: Safari, iMac OS X Mavericks, iOS 7 on iPhone 5s and iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.