Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery in Macbook Pro Retina

I have a new, barely used Macbook Pro retina. Although I have barely used it the battery is now very low and although I have plugged it into the mains to recharge it, it will not start up and just shows the battery charging symbol. Is this correct, or should I be able to use it whilst recharging.

iPad 2, Unable to view pictures embeded in

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 2:45 AM

6 replies

Aug 16, 2014 3:08 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Sorry I didn't make things clear. When I tried to start my Macbook it showed the low battery icon on a dark screen. I plugged it into the mains, but when I try to turn it on, all I get is still the picture of of battery (charging) on a dark screen and it will not access my desktop or anything other than just the battery picture. I have an Apple desktop so despite having the laptop for aprox 3 months, have only used it about three times (probably 2 hours in all).

Aug 16, 2014 3:29 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Thanks, sounds a bit scary, but I will have a go. I was hoping that I was just doing/not doing something wrong. The battery pic. only stays on for 30 secs. then goes back to a completely dark screen. This makes me think that the battery is either not charging for some reason or it is completely depleted, although I know it hasn't been used enough for that to happen. I last used it a few days ago but only for about 10 mins. and it seemed OK then.

Will let you know what happens. Thanks for your help.

Battery in Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.