Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone4s will mostly not connect to AE

My iPhone 4s will most of the times not connect to de WiFi network.

Sometimes it does, but most of the times it won't.

It detects the network, but it wil not connect?

It appears when I changed the AE to Bridgemodus (I need to in case of a new router to route the incoming signal)

What's wrong?

Can anybody help me?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 4:47 AM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2014 8:43 AM in response to wvduuren

Hey there wvdurren,

It sounds like you are not able to reliably connect to your Airport Express unless it is in bridged mode. I would recommend the troubleshooting in the following article for you, to help resolve the issue here:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. If your Wi-Fi setting is dimmed, follow these steps.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
  4. Tap User uploaded file and Forget this Network.
  5. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
    Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
  6. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
  7. Update your device to the latest version of software.
  8. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware2. For AirPort Base Stations, install updates using the AirPort Utility.

Unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that you're attempting to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
  2. Make sure you're entering your Wi-Fi password correctly. Passwords may be case sensitive and may contain numbers or special characters.
  3. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
    • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    • recently used Bluetooth accessories
    • VPN and APN settings

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Iphone4s will mostly not connect to AE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.