Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Match 25000 limit reached, can't delete songs

Hey everyone,

Since one month my itunes library has reached the 25000 ong limit, which means that itunes match is writing me now behind every son that my limit is reached.

I wanted to delete some songs out of the cloud, like it is described here iTunes Store: How to delete songs from iCloud

This always worked before I reached the limit but now I just can delete the song out of my intern computer library, but not out of the cloud.

Can someone help me? I want some old songs out of the cloud an some new once in.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 7:00 AM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2014 9:18 AM in response to Gizmo08

Hi,

i suggest that you create a second iTunes library. After you turn on match, you will see all the music that you have in the cloud. Delete some tracks from this library, enough to enable to add new tracks. This will remove the tracks from the cloud but not your main iTunes library. When you go back to your original library, the iCloud status will be shown as "removed" and will be ignored when match scans your library.

Now try holding option key whilst turning of match. Close iTunes and relaunch. Turn on match, select add this computer.

Jim

Itunes Match 25000 limit reached, can't delete songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.