Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find out email address for my apple id

Hello Folks.

I have a bunch of songs that i bought and downloaded under an apple id that i don't currently use. I have forgotten the password for that account and I cant remember which e-mail, address was associated with it. How can I log in and authorize those songs please?

R

Mike

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 12:18 PM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2014 6:53 AM in response to testermike

Hello testermike,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains advice on how to identify the account name of your Apple ID:

Recovering a forgotten iTunes Store account name

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1920

If you have forgotten your iTunes Store account name, you can recover it if you have made iTunes Store purchases by following these instructions:

Note: In most cases, your iTunes Store account name will be your email address. You may want to try signing in using your email address as your iTunes Store account name.

1. Open iTunes
  2. Highlight one of the items you have purchased (You can find your purchases in your Purchases playlist).
  3. Choose File > Get Info.
  4. Click the Summary tab.

The Account Name area will list the account used to purchase the item. Unless you have changed accounts, this is your iTunes Store account name.

User uploaded file

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

How to find out email address for my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.