Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KEYNOTE - Best Version

I have a Macbook Pro and a week ago I updated to Maverick and added Keynote 5.3 - I went to a Keynote tutorial on UTube where the INSPECTOR was integrated into the side panel on the right of the screen and no separate and also it had Instant Alpha as a feature on this version. I looked for the pstest version and found this to be Keynote 6.3 at a cost on $19.99 but certainl users had said that This latest version strips out so many features and functions from the previous build that it is almost a different product altogether and is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. Can you tell me whicch version of Keynote has integreated Insptector and instant alpha but is not a nightmare to use = thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2014 3:41 AM

where the INSPECTOR was integrated into the side panel on the right of the screen

This is Keynote 6.2 and it is the current version.

EAHaworth wrote:

strips out so many features and functions from the previous build that it is almost a different product altogether

It is a completely different application and it should not be compared to previous versions, it only runs in Mavericks, its a completely new product to run in Mavericks, its coded in 64 bit for Mavericks where Keynote 5.3 was 32 bit for previous OS versions.

and is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.

It can be; but it corrupts content if you try to open older file types with the new version, otherwise it is very stable and effective.

Can you tell me whicch version of Keynote has integreated Insptector and instant alpha but is not a nightmare to use

That would be the current version.

and added Keynote 5.3

As you have 5.3 continue using that.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2014 3:41 AM in response to EAHaworth

where the INSPECTOR was integrated into the side panel on the right of the screen

This is Keynote 6.2 and it is the current version.

EAHaworth wrote:

strips out so many features and functions from the previous build that it is almost a different product altogether

It is a completely different application and it should not be compared to previous versions, it only runs in Mavericks, its a completely new product to run in Mavericks, its coded in 64 bit for Mavericks where Keynote 5.3 was 32 bit for previous OS versions.

and is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.

It can be; but it corrupts content if you try to open older file types with the new version, otherwise it is very stable and effective.

Can you tell me whicch version of Keynote has integreated Insptector and instant alpha but is not a nightmare to use

That would be the current version.

and added Keynote 5.3

As you have 5.3 continue using that.

Aug 17, 2014 6:36 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thank Gary I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me and it was very helpful. I willl continue to use the 5.3 as you recommend, as it has the facility to remove backgrounes.. - May I ask one more question please.. In use Powerpoint to design pictures to illustrate devotionals I write on our website - and although powerpoint is designed for powerpoint presentations I used it mainly for this creating pictures - - I would upload a picture/background and add verses and integrate other pictures etc to make a final picture... as I have looked through Keynote. it seems much more designed for PP-type presentations and I wondered if there was utube video that just focuess on using Keynote turorial to simply create pictures..

Again I apreciate your kindness

Aug 17, 2014 6:56 AM in response to EAHaworth

PS and also tutorial right at the very TOP of the KEYNOTE page are a series of the apple icon - Keynote - File -Edit - Insert - SLide - Format - Arrange - View - Play =Share - Windows - Help - and then a few more icons and ends wtih classes online and search icon... BUT when I open my Keynote this is not there - and at the top are simply the words Theme and Chooser - could you please tellme how I can add this to my Keynote programme... thanks

Aug 17, 2014 7:04 AM in response to EAHaworth

EAHaworth wrote:

PS and also tutorial right at the very TOP of the KEYNOTE page are a series of the apple icon - Keynote - File -Edit - Insert - SLide - Format - Arrange - View - Play =Share - Windows - Help - and then a few more icons and ends wtih classes online and search icon... BUT when I open my Keynote this is not there - and at the top are simply the words Theme and Chooser - could you please tellme how I can add this to my Keynote programme... thanks

Im sorry, I don't understand any of your post, can you rewrite this differently so I can understand what your asking?

Aug 17, 2014 7:35 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary -you have been helpful... my last question is irrelevlant as I was getting confused with the new look of this Mavarick screen - as I have been used to Lion for 2-3 years and for the past month have been waiting for it to be repaired..... but I have just noticed in my applications that I do actually have BOTH versions of Keynote... one (the 5.3) is a brown icon and the other (6.2) is a blue - but from what you say I would be wiser using the brown - again thanks for your help

KEYNOTE - Best Version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.