You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I check my email from another computer?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 2:24 PM

10 replies

Aug 16, 2014 10:47 PM in response to sandrafromtarpon springs

That's a RoadRunner address probably via your cable service. Go to their website where they should have setup directions. This Mac 101- Mail (OS X Mountain Lion) should provide basic setup instructions. You will need the following:

1. Your email address at rr.com.
  2. Your login password for your mail account.
  3. Incoming mail server.
  4. Outgoing mail server.

You will have to search the RR site for their server names which you then fill in the appropriate parts of the configuration setup. You should also have a webmail address provided by them that lets you get your mail through your browser.

Aug 16, 2014 4:56 PM in response to sandrafromtarpon springs

Do as Carolyn has already suggested. If your email is not available via a web interface, then you would have to create a new mail account on the other computer that is setup exactly as it is on your home computer. However, when you are finished using the other computer you need to delete the account otherwise others may have access to your email.

I would take Carolyn's advice. She is right on the dot.

Aug 16, 2014 5:02 PM in response to sandrafromtarpon springs

If by "Mac mail" you mean that you're using the Apple Mail application (you click on the little stamp at the bottom of the screen), that tells us the program you're using, but it doesn't say anything about what your mail account is.

Your email address is the key. If it's "xyz@gmail.com", "xyz@yahoo.com", "xyz@hotmail.com", etc, those mail providers - Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail - have their own website where you can log in from any computer and device and check/send email. For example, gmail.com, yahoo.com and hotmail.com. I just picked out three at random - most other mail providers also have webmail.

If you're still not sure, tell us what the end part of your email address is (we don't need your whole address, just the bit after the @ sign) and we'll try to help.

Matt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.