Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does a red stripe at the top of a clip imported into an iMovie 11 event signify

In iMovie 1, movies files imported into the Events area contain an orange stripe at the bottom of the clip as a indicator of pieces of the clip imported and un-imported into the timeline, but I've not seen an unbroken red stripe at the top of a clip until now. What does it mean?

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 5:17 PM

7 replies

Aug 16, 2014 11:24 PM in response to dgerzeeboy

Hi

Interesting question. Can You Please - make a screen-dump and include it - so I / We can see it. I can only find Wavy red lines at bottom of my imported clips = Image Stabilization failed in these parts.

Orange at bottom of Clip in Even't = Clip is included in ongoing Project in TimeLine.

But I found to my surprise other interesting colored bands - that I have no idea what they mean either

Blue/White - along top side of Clip (not contineous but longer and shorter parts - ??????

Violet/White - also at top and discontinuing - ????

And a rotated Clip that (standing) got Gray letter-boxing - a. Black I could understand - and when Standing on the sides OK - but top and bottom - ??????

Have to dive into this mystery - and see if there is Color info in iMovie 1 to HD6 too - and what has happened in iMovie'13 (vers. 10) ?

Yours very interested - Bengt W

what does a red stripe at the top of a clip imported into an iMovie 11 event signify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.